Charlie works believes your right to privacy is very important. We process large amounts of personal data on a daily basis. We respect the privacy of those involved.
This Privacy Statement describes how we treat the personal data of employees, Temporary Employees, candidates, relations and visitors to the website.
Candidates and Temporary Employees
Charlie works is an employment and secondment agent who processes personal data that is necessary for our business operations. As an employment agent, we connect our candidates and flex workers with our clients. In order to perform our work (properly), we need personal information.
If you register with Charlie works as an employee, we process the following data:
- Name and address
- Contact details
- Date of birth and age
- Curriculum vitae with training, work experience, references and passport photo (on a voluntary basis)
To promote job placement, we may share your CV details with potential clients.
When you start working at Charlie works, we also process the following data:
- National Insurance Number (BSN)
- Proof of ID
- Work permit
- Payroll administration details such as a bank account number
- Details on absenteeism
We need this information to check your identity and to be able to pay your salary at a later date.
Everybody gets ill from time to time. In that case, we process the following data:
- If you are staying at a different address, we will record the telephone number of the address where you are convalescing
- The expected duration of your absence
- Information about the incapacity for work if it is directly related to an industrial accident
- Details of the absence if it is caused by a traffic accident
We do not record and process the nature and cause of the absence. In addition, we do not record or process agreements with doctors or therapists in our system.
Charlie works processes a number of personal data of those involved for the execution of the assignment agreement. This makes it possible to provide information about our services. For this service we process the following personal data of our relations: name and contact details.
Charlie works will ask for your permission by means of a so-called opt-in before your data is used by our marketing department for our mailing lists. When this option is used, we will consider your registration voluntary and correct. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
Charlie works stores personal data in accordance with the laws and regulations that apply to us. We will explain this below.
If you stop working for Charlie works, we will delete your personal information no later than 2 years after your last working day. This includes your contact details.
- We keep administrative documents for a maximum of 7 years. These are documents like salary administration, temporary Employment Contract and, if applicable, pension obligations. This is called the fiscal retention obligation.
- Requests for payroll tax credit, name and address details, national insurance number, date of birth and copies required to verify identity are stored for at least 5 years. This is calculated from the end of the calendar year in which the employment was terminated.
- In the case of complaints or claims, we only retain the necessary information until there is a final settlement or until the claim has expired
Technical and Organisational Security Measures
Employees handle the information that is entrusted to us with care. They are bound by a confidentiality clause and company policy with regard to IT security. In addition, only authorised employees may view and process your data if they need that data in the performance of their duties.
Charlie works has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data of you against loss or unlawful processing.
Alteration, inspection and deletion of personal data
After your registration, if you work for Charlie works or have worked for Charlie works, you are entitled to see which data is available.
As a data subject, you have the right to view, correct, supplement and delete your personal data, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation. Under the heading 'retention periods' you can see how long we keep certain data.
If you want to make use of these rights or if you have questions about this privacy statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
The current Privacy Statement was updated on 16-12-2019.